I have spent the past few days playing catch up. Being hospitalized, even overnight, plays havoc with schedules. But I think I have finally caught up and am back on track now.
I finished these Christmas Stockings on Thursday and am very pleased with the results. The fabric and an old Christmas stocking to use for a pattern, was supplied by the client and I was simply told to "play with the fabric" and see what happened. Which I did. For the girls I added bits of antique lace, for the boys I made piping of contrasting fabrics.
The same client also came up with some favourite fabric of her daughters and asked me to make a couple of cushions out of the fabric. Again I was quite pleased with the results.
I had enough fabric to make 2 cushions - one is 14" square and the other 20" square. They should make a colourful addition to her daughters bedroom - a southern gal born into Canadian winters. Hopefully these cushions will warm her up in the cold months to come!!!!