Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring Bonnets for Babies

I found an old vintage pattern for baby bonnets. I re-worked it a bit to suit my way of doing things - I am never satisfied with a pattern and always add my own twist. *S*
There a few styles of bonnets in this pattern - this is the first of the patterns. The outside layer is a great cotton print with a small floral pattern. The inside is lined with a cozy cream coloured vintage chenille.

This is another I made of the same pattern - second of half a dozen of them! This one is a soft sage green with an all over small floral pattern. Again, lined with vintage chenille.
I love these bonnets - so sweet for little girls.
The ties I made of fabric to match the outer layer. I personally like the fabric ties rather than ribbon ties - so muc softer on babies skin!
Check these out on my Etsy site soon.
http://www.oncottageway. etsy.com

No comments: